Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The New Texans on the Block

Howdy y'all. Ok, I have yet to hear anybody who talks like that. But yes we are in Houston. I flew out here last Thursday and had a long, but boring flight (the best kind). I did have a new book to read, Breaking Dawn, for those who know the Twilight Saga it's the last book and I'm loving it. Ryan drove to Denver Colorado on Thursday and spent Friday with Auntie Kim and Juliana. He was happy to spend some time with them and see the city. Our friend Nick flew in to Denver on Saturday morning to drive back with Ryan. We are so grateful that he was willing to drive back the 19 hour trip. Thanks Nick!!!

So we're here now. We're living with Lesley and Scott Larson while we plan the next step in our future. They have graciously opened their home to us and we are so grateful for their hospitality. We've had fun playing with them and sure we have more fun in the future.

We've really enjoyed watching the Olympics - especially swimming for me. I miss swimming...

Our stuff just arrived here today and Ryan and a guy from the ward moved it into the storage unit...while it was pooring rain. I guess we should get used to those crazy freak storms that last half an hour.

2 comments:

Wilkies said...

I had a roommate from TX and was so disappointed to find she had no accent, but she does say y'all all the time. I hope you love TX. I bet you and Lesley look so cute together.

Michelle said...

Ugh! Moving in the rain is never fun but at least you got out of it :) Keep us posted on all that goes on with you guys, we miss you!!!!