Monday, September 13, 2010

News...

In case you haven't heard...we are expecting another baby! I am 14 weeks pregnant and due in mid March. It still doesn't seem real to me. This pregnancy has been much harder than the first (and I thought that was bad!). I've been sick every day and I have been getting a headache every day for a month. The sickness varies from a combination of being punched in the stomach, hunger pains, eating so much I could explode and nausea. (it's confusing too, am I hungry or full?) I have very little strength and energy and need 8-12 hours of sleep. Some nights I go to bed when Andrew does around 8 and I wake up when he does at 8am. I usually wake up 2 times, and stay away for an hour each time. Not ideal, but if I wait to go to bed later then I'm super sick and I can't relax to go to bed and I end up with less sleep than if I wake up in the night. Oh well.

I've had a lot of help, especially from Ryan. He has been doing triple duty! He comes home on his lunch break when I'm really sick and feeds Andrew and puts him down for a nap. Then he feeds me and puts me down for a nap. Then feeds himself and goes back to work. Then he comes home from a hard day's work and takes care of us and makes dinner! What a husband!!! Some days I'm just too sick to be around food and Ryan really keeps us from starving. Literally. He makes sure I'm eating a little bit all day to help my nausea. At night, when I'm my sickest, he reads to me to keep my mind occupied and he rubs my back all the time. He cleans the house and plays with Andrew and NEVER complains. What did I do to deserve such a husband? I don't know but I am so grateful for him and his unconditional support and love though this tough time.

Andrew has also been my little trooper. On days when I'm so sick I just cry, Andrew will come over to me and pat my knee and say "mommy tay?" (mommy ok?). Sometimes I tell him no, and he gives me a hug and kiss and asks again. I'm always "tay" after that :)

Also when I'm lying on the couch, sick, he says, "mommy owie" and points to me or my tummy. We haven't tried to teach him about the baby yet. In due time.

Well, like I said, it hasn't set in yet and I don't think it will until we know if it's a boy or girl. Maybe not even then. Ryan is so excited and ready for a little girl. I have a feeling it's a boy though. Who knows. I just want him or her to be healthy... and stop making me sick.

:)

4 comments:

H. Fam said...

Whoohooooo! I'm so happy for you! I'm sorry you have been so sick. The 2nd time was a lot harder for me too. I got the bad headaches as well, but they went away, they didn't last forever. I think it was about 6 weeks though. I'm so excited for you!!!!! Let's chat soon!

Michelle said...

I'm happy for you guys too! This is great. I'm the first to say though, pregnancy sucks. It's the one part of having another kid that I absolutely dread...but I was pretty sick the entire time. I hope yours gets better and that you can feel like you're alive again. Just keep reminding yourself that it's worth it :)

jeff and alli said...

Congrats!

My second pregnancy was so different from my first. I hope it gets easier.

Lori said...

Preggie sickness is awful, but you are going to have such a beautiful little baby! Andrew is going to be such a great big brother. Congratulations!