Wednesday, January 21, 2015

May 2014 - BFTE - Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios & More Magic Kingdom!

On Friday May 23, 2014 we went back to Magic Kingdom for another day full of fun. The best part about this day was that the park was open for 24 hours! This was only the second time Magic Kingdom has been open for 24 hours. The park opened 6am on Friday and closed at 6am on Saturday.


We got there for the opening on Friday and headed straight for the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. We tried to go on this ride earlier in the week, but the ride was still in "test mode" and was only allowing Disney employees to test it out. We thought that if they were going to open it up to the public early, today would be the day. Sure enough the ride was open and there was already a huge line. We got in line anyway although the line said it would be a 4 hour wait. We played cards while in line and I got another birthday button :) The line ended up moving pretty quickly and we were at the front in just an hour and a half. It was a fun mild roller coaster. I probably wouldn't wait an hour and a half again for it, but to say we were on it before it was officially open was pretty cool.

New Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride

You can't go to Disney World and not take a picture in from of the castle!
 One of my favorite photos of the entire trip.

Space Mountain was a must and we all pretended to sleep while Ryan shot the boogie man.


We spent the morning in Magic Kingdom then hopped over to Hollywood Studios for some more fun!


The Aerosmith Rock N Roller Coaster is one of my absolute favorite rides. First, you start by going 0-60 in about 3 seconds. The ride shoots you forward and there is no drop! I don't love drops so this is my ideal way to get speed. The ride is all indoors with lost of curves and dips and spins and is fast paced. I think we went on this ride at least 3 times. Love it!


Star Tours in 3D!

Hollywood Boulevard.


We played for a while at Hollywood Studios then went back to get ready for dinner. We wanted to have one night where we could dress up and go out to eat.

After dinner we went back to the condo and played games and hung out. We wanted to rest a bit before going back to Magic Kingdom. I think we ended up going back around midnight. Ryan was smart and went to bed. The 3 of us crazy people got some caffeine and glow sticks and were set for more fun.

We went on splash mountain again. I made friends with this lovely lady next to me in this photo. She said there was supposed to be a bunch of shooting stars that night/morning. Peter and Lauren and I decided to pretend to sleep for the photo. I asked the lady next to me if I could sleep on her shoulder. She thought it was pretty funny and agreed. It was her first time on the ride and was a little nervous. I told her I'm a scaredy cat and she would be find if I could handle this.  I love this photo so much. Look at her screaming while I'm sleeping on her shoulder! (I made the photo big, but it's still hard to see her scream. Trust me, she was screaming!)

The castle looked so beautiful all lit up and the moon in the background.

There were DJs all around the park. The biggest dance party was happening in front of the the castle. We went out and danced a bit. I got my wobble on. ;)



We had so much fun and went a little crazy from lack of sleep. This was at 6am when we finally left Magic Kingdom. It was so hard to keep a straight face for this photo. We were so goofy at this point.



Random photo, but we kept seeing this car driving around. We named it Ghetto Fabulous.

We got home around 6:30 and I had to pack for our flight that morning. After packing I got about 1-2 hours of sleep before we had to leave at 10 to go to the airport. It was crazy and I was so tired, but it was worth it. We had an absolutely amazing trip and hope to do it again soon. We couldn't have asked for better friends to be with us for this Florida adventure.

BFTE!!!!!BEST FLORIDA TRIP EVER!!!




No comments: