Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Floral Design Class

A few of you have asked to see photos of what I've been creating in my Floral Design class. I thought it would be easier if I just posted it on our blog.


This was our first assignment...wrapping flowers.



Then was our Valentines design. I didn't have a "traditional" basket so I made my own design. I love these orange roses though. They're my favorite!





This was more traditional Valentines...



Then we did Japanese Designs. It was really interesting because there is a lot of symbolism with Japanese floral designs. This design has an Iris, Orchids and Heather as it's main parts.


And then there was Easter...



more coming soon...

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah! Finally another post! Can't wait for pictures...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bri said...

Oh I love these arrangements! I especially love the Japanese one...how beautiful! I wish I had time to take that class...I guess I know who to call if I ever need floral help :) Thanks for having us over for Conference breakfast...it was a blast!

Lesley said...

Those are amazing. The Easter one is ridiculously cute. You seem like you have always had an eye for shaping things beautifully (6th grade arts and crafts as early evidence) so your knack at arranging comes as no surprise to me. I hope you find a way to keep creating stuff after the semester ends!