Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Andrew's Room

While Ryan's parents were here to visit, I put Andrey to work. We spent 3 days (I think) painting Andrew's room. I have wanted to do this for months, but needed some artistic help (thanks!). I was inspired by the giraffe that my brother and sister in law had in their old house. It looked awesome and I wanted to do something similar. The main difference is that my giraffe has legs (theirs didn't). So this is my abstract idea of a jungle themed kids room. I wanted it to be less baby-ish so Andrew can enjoy it when he's older too. (If we ever sell this house I will cry when we have to leave this on the wall - or worse - paint over it!)


We decided to do a zebra too because that's Andrew's lovey that he sleeps with.I love how the tree turned out. (It took a few tries)
The finished product! I couldn't fit it all in the photo, but you get the idea!


So, what do you think?

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I love it! It turned out great! The abstract palm trunk is so cool. I love how realistic the zebra and giraffe are even while being abstract. Nice work! I am impressed!

H. Fam said...

You are soooo creative! I would be so scared to try something like that. I love that you are brave enough to give it a try. And may I say, it turned out AWESOME!!

jeff and alli said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

I love it! I think it's awesome! Good work!

Julia said...

How awesome! Can't wait to see it in person! How are you guys?