Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cruise (Part 1- On the Ship)

So I've started this blog post many times, but every time something happens and it erases. I hope this one makes it.

We went on a cruise a few weeks ago and it was AWESOME! I have never been on a cruise before so I was like a little kid in a candy store. There were 4 other couples that went with us and I think that made the trip even more fun! There was always someone to hang out with and new places to explore.

We hadn't really figured out how we were going to get down to Galveston, but the guys surprised all the ladies by rending a limo. We live across the street from another of the couples who went on the cruise so we all decided to meet around here. The girls were all confused when there was a limo driver outside and one of the guys actually played it off like he was helping the "lost" limo driver find another neighborhood. Clever. What a nice surprise.


This is our ship, the Carnival Ecstasy.


A little tour for your enjoying pleasure.

The first day we decided to play some mini-golf. It was so windy though that the balls would roll around on their own. I did horrible -HORRIBLE! Until hole 9 when I got a HOLE IN ONE! It was an all or nothing hole (I wish), but it was really fun.





We claimed tables everywhere we went. Our group brought lots of fun games to play. This is in one of the dining areas.



This is in the Starlight Lounge which is the bigger entertainment room. We played many games here as well. Luckily they had big booths for all of us!




Our friends performed "The Three Amigos" for the talent show. It was awesome!


The guys performed "I Will Survive" for karaoke. There's video somewhere...


This is where we had dinner every night.

and fun too

One night there was a "formal night" where we got all dressed up for dinner and dancing. It was nice to wear my (favorite) prom dress, except when I was done eating. I thought I would rip the dress at the seams, so I went back to my room and changed into my backup dress :) (it's good to be prepared)

We went dancing a few nights and I can honestly say it was a lot of fun. (This coming from the girl who hated dances at school or any form of dancing for that matter) I really think this cruise helped me open up and relax. After dancing, we were always hot so we would go to our "wind tunnel" to cool off. Any idea how it got that nickname?






:)


Other activities on the ship included shuffleboard,
and water slides.



This is our last night on the ship (or so we thought) Look how foggy it is already.
The next day the fog was even worse. The docks in Galveston were closed due to so much fog. We kept getting hourly updates from the cruise director but it wasn't until later that evening that we knew we would have another day on the ship. It wouldn't have been so bad if they would have just told us in the morning, but the waiting was frustrating. We still had a good time thought and enjoyed another day and night for free!

All in all, the was the best vacation I have been on. I can't wait for the next one! (hint hint)

No comments: