Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bailey's Car Seat

Just a little post to point out that a few months ago I recovered Andrew's car seat to make it more girly for Bailey. With the help of an awesome friend and seamstress, we created a rough pattern to follow. I made a practice cover with some cheap fabric just to see how it would fit. When I got the hang of it, I started on the "real" fabric. Recovering the seat didn't take that long. (maybe a few days)



The hood, however, took FOREVER! I'm talking a couple weeks on this baby. I completely took apart my old hood so I could use the piping/plastic pieces that hold it up. I wanted to alternate fabric, add ribbon in between the panels (which I unstitched and resewed a million times because it wasn't perfect). Plus I wanted it to cover most of the car seat. A GREAT feature. Great for windy days, sunny days, and keeping unwanted fingers off my baby! (People actually ask me to lift it up to see her though). This was really a guess and check project because I wasn't sure exactly what dimensions to use for the hood. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out. All that time paid off!
Andrew likes it too!
I'm glad I did it, but don't ask me to do it for you!
Just kidding - kinda.

2 comments:

A.Doman said...

Sarah, that's SUPER cute!!! I'm impressed. I saw a tutorial on how to redo a the cover of a car seat and wanted so badly to do it for fun, but it looked way too difficult for my level of sewing. Good job!! It looks great :)

Lesley said...

It really did turn out great! I love it. And the extended hood was pure genius!