Tuesday, January 21, 2014

December 2013 - Christmas Decorations

Decorating for Christmas is a big deal around here. Well, at least for me it is. I was so excited to decorate this year I had the tree up a couple days before Thanksgiving. I simply couldn't wait any longer. Ryan kept telling me not to and I kept pretending I couldn't hear him. I told him one day he would come home from work and the tree would be up. That's exactly what happened. He walked in the door while I was on the latter fanning out the branches of the top. I did that frozen, caught in the act thing, then just said, "I told you I was going to." Let me tell you that tree is HEAVY! It's almost 10 ft tall. I had to take it apart in the box and carry one piece at a time in. I think I had to use a stroller or something to help me get it in. Then after that it takes a couple hours to fan out all the branches. I didn't put up anything else, just the tree. Any more and I think Ryan would boycott Christmas.


 We have 4 Christmas trees. This tree was named the Sharing Tree because both kids could decorate it. Andrew let Bailey decorate this tree because her tree was a little fiber-optic tree that we didn't put ornaments on. I absolutely loved watching Bailey decorate. I bought her pink ornaments (she loves anything pink) and was so excited to hang them on the tree. I love (love love love) that all her ornaments were on the bottom half of the tree. It made me happy to have little ones in the house.


 Andrew wanted a BYU tree so he got blue and silver ornaments on his tree.

I was finally able to decorate my- I mean our tree in our red and gold.  (I have no idea how, but somehow my phone took the still photo on the right and made my tree sparkle! Those lights don't flash so I have no idea what little elves in my phone made this magic happen.)

We have gathered a lot of stockings over the years and this year I thought a stocking wall would be fun. 

My mom has been giving me handmade ornaments for over a decade. They are so beautiful and unique and I love them. They are also very fragile so they have spent all their life in a box. It was so sad to me so this year I created a special way to enjoy them. 



I hung some shadow boxes on the wall and put some ornaments on display where they can be seen and appreciated. 

 Andrew discovered he can climb the walls while we were decorating. Great. We also decorate our palm tree on the left.

We put lights up inside our house instead of outside. Then we get to enjoy them all the time.
We try to do a lot of fun Christmas activities and we usually decorate ornaments early in the month. 


He was having a lot more fun that it looks. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: