Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May 2014 - Mother's Day.

 I am so very blessed to be the mother to these beautiful children. I thank my Heavenly Father each day for the joy and love that they have brought into my life. They each filled a portion of my heart that I didn't know existed until they were born. They drive me crazy some days, but I wouldn't change it for anything. The moments when they tell me they love me for no reason makes any difficulty worth it. Andrew made the necklace I'm wearing as a Mother's Day gift. Both kids made me feel incredibly special that day. My first couple Mother's Days I thought it was my "day off", as if that existed for a mother. I thought they should tell me how awesome and wonderful I am and feed me breakfast in bed. In my wise old age, I've realized that Mother's Day is just as much for them as for me. I really thought about my life and how blessed I am to have them, and not how lucky they are to have me. It is a day for me to show them how much I appreciate them coming to our family and allowing me to be their mother. It's a day to remind me of my most important purpose right now in my life.

“Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.” - David O. McKay






Happy Mother's Day :)

No comments: