Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Many Faces of Andrew

I have wanted to write more on the bog about Andrew and how we're all doing. However, the majority of the time that I'm on the computer, I'm nursing and have only one hand available (sometimes). I've started pecking away - one letter at a time - but who has time to do that? Nobody, especially not a new mother who rarely gets more than 2 hours sleep at a time. So I'm taking a moment to try to update you all.
Andrew has been doing really well. We gave him his first "bath" which was me in the tub with him. We recorded some of it, but I'm not sure if the sound works. He didn't mind at all and by the end he was asleep. He didn't like being taken out of the water and dried off. We'll have to work on making that a smoother and faster transition.


We've been trying to take a lot more photos, which means it's harder to decide what to post. Ryan and I think he's a funny kid, but we may be biased. We think he makes some funny faces for such a young baby (and being premature too). He wrinkles his forehead a lot... and makes "O" shapes with his mouth. Here's a good example. (Notice Ryan's mouth in the corner. Who's copying who?)


Also as noticed above, he is quite alert sometimes and has big open eyes. Sometimes we wonder what's so interesting that he would stare for so long.




We've also noticed that Andrew stretches A LOT! This must have been what I felt when I was pregnant and I thought he was kicking my kidneys and trying to rearrange my ribs. When he stretches he makes an old man face.



He also has large yawns for such a little guy. Yes, he's yawning here, not crying.

He also does this funny thing where if something is going on - someone talking, music playing or something like that - he'll open just one eye to check it out. I guess he doesn't want to waste energy opening both eyes if it's not interesting enough.









Ryan plays an active role in feeding time. He is the designated burper.




More faces coming soon!













3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Too adorable. Oh, makes me want a brand new baby again. :)

i love that he fell asleep in the water, maybe a sign that he will like the water like his mommy. :) And I thought that was a good idea how to give him a bath, on your legs, easier than what we did.

Michelle said...

What a cute little guy. I have a nephew that pulled the funniest faces when he was a newborn too, it amazes me how developed some of their muscles are to be able to do that.

H. Fam said...

Sarah! He is soooooo tiny! I love the pics. He is so precious. Don't you just love being a mom?!