Sunday, November 6, 2011

September 2011 - Andrew's Birthday

Ryan was out of town for business on Andrew's actual birthday, so we celebrated when he got home. This was exceptionally hard for me since I LOVE birthdays! I taught preschool on his birthday and wanted to do a birthday party with his buddies, but Ryan wanted me to wait. I had been telling Andrew that his birthday was when we had preschool, so he kept asking if it was his birthday. I couldn't lie to him, so I told him yes, but didn't make too big a deal about it. (as much as I wanted too though)

So when Ryan came home, we made cupcakes and had some friends over for cupcakes.


Andrew poured the mix in the bowl and wanted to know what it tasted like.

Finger lickin' good.

I usually don't take the time to let Andrew help me, but I wanted to let Andrew have some fun for his birthday. This is one of those moments that I loved. I am grateful that I took the time to teach him and play with him. I explained that we needed to mix certain things together in order to make a batter. We added 3 eggs, some milk and oil. We talked about that, he counted the eggs, poured in the eggs and other ingredients.


He was a very good helper.
Here are a few videos from Andrew's birthday.

Andrew mixes cupcake batter

Andrew helps make cupcakes

The best part of making cupcakes...

Sing Happy Birthday to Andrew

Andrew wrote Happy Birthday on the dry erase board. We thought that was pretty cute. The photos are a little hard to see. The funny thing was when Ryan was telling him what letters to write, he forgot the r in birthday, so Ryan wrote that one in afterwards. :) Otherwise, not a bad job Andrew! Happy Birthday Little Man. We love you!

No comments: