Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 2012 - Hermit Valley - Mt. Baldy!

I was at Hermit Valley for less than 3 minutes before I was asking people if they wanted hike "Baldy" with me. I don't what the real name for the mountain is, but we nicknamed it "Mt. Baldy" or "Baldy" because the trees stop growing towards the top of the mountain. Hiking Baldy is just one of the things I have to do when I go camping.

Baldy from our camp.

I was so happy that my brother, Danny and cousin,  Lisa, agreed to hike Baldy with me.
 Getting ready to go. Baldy is in the background.


Danny's dog, Sadie joined us for our journey. She was a trooper! Danny did have to help her out a few times.






Almost to the top!


YAY! We made it to the top of Mt. Baldy!



The small bright green patch of grass that can be seen just beyond the rocks is what we call the meadow. We hike up there from camp and catch beautiful fish like rainbow trout.













The top of a mountain is a good place to ponder.








1 comment:

Lesley said...

I am loving all these camping posts! Mt. Baldy is breathtaking. I want to hike it with you right this very second.

Also, the definition in your arms is incredible :) Miss you!