Saturday, August 24, 2013

August 2012 - Hermit Valley - Tent Life

I really had no idea what to expect when it came to sleeping with the kids in a tent. I planned for the worst and hoped for the best. Bailey had a special blanket from Grandma's house to hold on to that really helped her. She had a portable crib and a stuffed animal to keep her happy. Andrew and I shared an air mattress. We have never allowed our kids to sleep with us so this was literally the first time we shared a bed. (Ok, maybe we fell asleep next to them as newborns, but that's it). I know why too. One night I woke up and Andrew was perpendicular to me with his feet on my stomach. I thought it was pretty funny and just moved him back and put my arms around him. It was one of those rare moments that I didn't care that I couldn't sleep because I was with my kids, in a tent, camping at Hermit Valley. I want those memories to stay with me.

Watch out for the tiger

I love waking up and seeing this first thing in the morning out my window.
And then seeing this out my front door.




Where's Bailey?
Da-da, da-da, da-da-da-da-da. This reminded me of Jaws.
Time out in the tent.

Sleepy time.

The End.

No comments: