Tuesday, December 1, 2015

September 2015 - School

The teachers at Andrew and Bailey's school try to take photos of the students while they are at school. Andrew's teacher is much better than Bailey's at this so there are more photos of Andrew and his classmates. Here are some photos from September.

When you walk into the school they have this big tree painted on the walls. The kids each put some "fruit" on the wall. Andrew's fruit says, "I am patient when my Mom has to do something like feeding my sister."

The tree says, "I am the vine you are the branches. If you abide in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit. John 15:5" Can you find Andrew's fruit?




  



Over the Labor Day weekend Andrew's homework was to write what Ryan and I do for work. It was fun to talk to him about his ideas of what we do. 

"My mom is a home mom. Here are some things she does at work: clane (clean), feed Megan and us. My dad is a lawyer. Here are somethings he does at work: reads, math, tachts (talks), medings (meetings), write."
He presented his bags to the class. Inside each bag he brought an item that represented what we do. For Ryan he brought a pencil and for me plastic toy spaghetti.

Andrew in PE. His teacher teaches them about health, exercise and eating healthy.

The kids drew self portraits with the help of a mirror.
  
Andrew and some of his classmates acting out a play about a school race that Andrew made up.

Mrs. Nolan reading a book about baby owls to her class.


Silly and smiley class photos.
  

Andrew likes to play with blocks during stations.

Andrew is counting blocks to learn subtraction.

Andrew's class during music time. He learns about notes on the staff and other music and songs. Andrew comes home singing some pretty fun songs that he teaches me.
  


Andrew painting a Vincent Van Gogh, and playing during stations.

Andrew's class read a book called The First Drawing by Mordicai Gerstein. The kids then drew their own cave paintings using paint and their hands. I love how they turned out. Andrew drew himself a crab and a horse. He also drew lots of sons and his handprint.

Andrew's class used recycled gallon jugs to hold plastic bags.

 "The best part of me is my tummy, so you can breathe air. Air goes into your neck" 

Bailey's teacher doesn't take as many photos so I just took some photos of her art and things she brought home. 
  

    

The End!

No comments: