Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let it snow...

Yup, so the other day I was talking with my friend and mentioning that I actually did miss the snow. Although I do hate driving in the snow, I don't mind the cold so much. I think the snow is really pretty and fun to play in. I was listening to Christmas music (as I do most of the day), and I heard Let It Snow and missed Utah a little. Yesterday I ran some errands with Andrew and really had to bundle him up because it was so cold outside. That afternoon, Ryan called me and told me it was snowing! I dashed to the window and threw open the sash to notice that he was right. I was talking to my friend online who also lives in Houston and I told her it was snowing. Her response was, "In Utah". No silly, here. Sure enough, little flakes were coming down, but not sticking. Then Andrew left to pick up Ryan at work and it was snowing more, sticking on the windshield for a few seconds before melting. By that night, it started sticking on cars and bushes.

This newspaper mentions that the last time it snowed in Houston was on Christmas Eve, 2004. The last time it snowed on December 10 was in 1944.


So little Andrew got to see snow for his first Christmas. It was a Christmas miracle.



This is a bush outside our front door.

This is our backyard. Here you can see the snow is still there at 9am, the day after it snowed.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! That's pretty impressive. My cousin actually got snow last year in McKinney, TX...it's just one of those places you don't think of as snow worthy :)