Saturday, December 6, 2008

New Holiday Tradition

So I forgot to mention the best part of Thanksgiving....the DESERTS! So for 4 adults, we had 4 desserts planned. We were going to make an apple cobbler, and 3 pies. We decided that may be a bit much so we canceled a pie and the cobbler. That left us with 2 pies. Rose made the traditional pumpkin pie, which turned out fantastic. I made a pie I've never made before. I've never even heard of or eaten such pie until a week ago at my friends birthday party. We made ice cream pie. Oh, but we didn't just use any old ice cream. We got Coldstone Gingerbread ice cream. Oh My Gosh! We put it in a graham cracker crust, and then put cool whip on top and put it back in the freezer. I can't tell you how yummy it is! I think this will be the kind of pies I make from now on! I'm going to make it for our Christmas party so family - watch out!


We did end up making the cobbler - which I mainly ate for breakfast (what? it had oatmeal in it). And we made another ice cream pie. Oh, so yummy. This one was Bryers Eggnog ice cream (no whip cram). It tasted just like eggnog but with a graham cracker cookie attached to it. I highly recommend these pies. Oh so delicious! I can't wait to make them in a few weeks!



Oh so yummy!



Rose put chocolate syrup over her piece.





3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Those pies do sound so yummy, now I just need to think of an excuse. :)

H. Fam said...

Sara those pies look positively wicked! I need to try it. We wish we could see you guys this holiday season! Hope you have fun.

H. Fam said...

Oops! I missed the 'h' in Sarah! Sorry, I really do know better! :o)