Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving!

So this year was my first year to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Phew! Let me tell you! I don't like cooking birds. There's too many bones to carve around and too easy to dry out one part while not fully cooking other parts. Next year I'm trying a ham. Other than that, everything else came out great!

Our friends Matt, Rose and Dima (and future wife of Andrew, Lilly) came out to spend the holiday with us. They just moved to Seattle and we are so glad they came out for a whole week!

We all worked together to cook the dinner. We had turkey, stuffing, green bean supreme, candied yams, cranberries, mashed potatoes, and gravy. The stuffing was Stove Top. I really like it and it's super easy so why not? All the other foods were made from scratch. Rose and I made cranberries. They were sooooo good. I ate it on everything! (and I mean everything...it weirded people out). We just cooked the cranberries with orange juice and sugar. They popped and wal-la! Yummy Cranberries! (This coming from a girl who bought 3 cans of the jelled cranberries because she doesn't like the whole berry caned stuff). I even made the gravy from the juice from the turkey. It turned out much better than I though. Matt and Ryan made the potatoes, Rose made the candied yams and I made the green bean supreme. (I forgot to put the rolls out to rise so that was the only thing we were missing) It was so nice to all work towards a good dinner.


We have been so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!






2 comments:

Lesley said...

I can vouch for those cranberries. INCREDIBLE.

jeff and alli said...

Good work! I would feel so nervous being in charge of a Thanksgiving meal, so I'm super impressed that you did it. Sounds like it went so well.