Monday, June 18, 2012

February 2012 - Kids updates & Video

Andrew (almost 3.5)


2-1-12 – Andrew wrote an email to my parents and included the alphabet both forwards and backwards and then the alphabet backwards skipping letters. (zxvt etc). He is ridiculously smart.

2-20-12 – Andrew looked at the photos of his learning time cards and typed out the following words on the computer by himself:

BED       SNOW       CAT       AND       DOG       BABY       SOCKS       HAT       BAT       NOSE       MILK       BOX       APPLE       CAR       TREE       RAIN       TRAIN       SPOON       MOUSE  CRAYON       AIRPLANE       HOUSE       COMPUTER       SOAP       ICE CREAM


2/25 – Andrew and I had the following conversation. I was getting ready to leave and we were saying goodbye:
A: I love you Mommy
S: I love you more
A: I love you a hundred
S: I love you to the moon and back times a million
A: I love you a million dollars!

(Sarah's journal entry:)

2/26 – I just wanted to take a moment and write about my little bubba. I’m super emotional right now so this will probably be sappy. I love my little boy. He is really a good kid. Sometimes I expect too much from him. A lot of the time actually. I think I’m trying to make him grow up too fast or something. I have a hard time sitting back and just playing on the floor. I feel my to-do list will never be completed and it hangs over my head when I do try to play. I am trying to declutter a bit right now so that I have less to invade my space and time with my kids. Andrew is so smart and funny and sweet (when he wants to be). I need to remember he is three, not ten. He’s a boy. He will test me and push me. He is EXACTLY like me so he knows what drives me bonkers. But he also loves me times a million dollars and there is no price tag for that. I need to journal more and catch up on the blog so I can record these sweet memories. I just need to make it a priority to not let my kid’s life pass before me. I KNOW I will look back in just a few short years and say, “I wish….” To so many things. I want to be a better mom. I want to be more involved, more fun. I want Andrew to be so excited to play with me. How do I do that and have time for myself too? I’m still figuring that out. Andrew is a love. He loves doing puzzles and is becoming very good at them. He continues to learn the states and probably knows more than I do at this point to be completely honest. He is up and down with Bailey. He likes to push her over with his head and she really doesn’t like that. He’s trying to play with her but we need to figure out a better way for him to play big brother. He does love Bailey though and is getting better. Again, he’s only three. I just hope Andrew knows how much I love him. I hope he knows that sometimes I get frustrated but I still love him. I might not be the most fun mom, but I still love him. I love him to the moon and back with all my heart.


Bailey (11months)

Bailey says food, "foooooooo" and shoe, "shu". She loves both and asks for them often. 

Bailey can stand up by herself without holding on to anything and start walking.

She can sign, "more" "food" and "all done"

She calls bananas "nanas!!" She never says it calmly. It's "if I don't get that "NANA" in my mouth this very second, I think I might die!"

Bailey loves music. If she hears music she will almost immediately stop what she is doing and dance. I love it! If she's really sad sometimes we put on some music and just dance around the house. She will even dance to commercials, or the intro music on some TV shows. She is so fun to be around!

Bailey started blowing kisses! Super cute.


Here is an example of what we do for "learning time" with Andrew.


Bailey loves her Daddy so much...(perfect for posting on Father's day!)


Bailey started to walk this month! This video is funny because she goes from walking and being happy to having a tantrum to standing on her head in less than a minute. (The sweater she is wearing was mine when I was her age)

This is just an evening playing with Bailey. Nothing particularly fascinating, just our daily life. :)
 


My FAVORITE video of February is of Bailey dancing. It was too long to upload on the blog, so check it out on YouTube Dance Bailey Dance!. Make sure you check that one out too! It's a bit longer, but it makes me smile :)   (if the link isn't working, copy and paste  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjUxAF8b8Bs)



The End! :)

No comments: