Saturday, June 16, 2012

February 2012 - Part 1

Since I'm so far behind in our posts, I can't remember too well what actually happened in February. We might have had a super bowl party, but I can't be sure. A lot of our friends and family members had birthdays in February and little things throughout the month. Let's just move on to photos.

Bailey is 11 months old, Andrew is almost 2 and a half.


This makes me happy (but it also makes my shoulder hurt).


Bailey LOVES shoes.


Bailey also LOVES hats.

Although my outfit is unusual, it is quite common to see Andrew at his learning time table working on his writing, or doing a work book. He loves to learn.

I'm a proud Mama! He works hard and does very well.



Ohhhh yes. Now I remember February. Bailey got the CHICKENPOX! Maybe I have blocked out this month from memory because of that. Here is her first real yucky one. We thought it was an ant bite when we first saw it, which looks similar and is common here in Texas, so we didn't do anything about it. Then we noticed more and more and more.

She actually didn't have it that bad. She had a few big ones, but most were pretty little and didn't get to be big blistery ones. She could reach the ones on her legs and would pull up her pants to scratch them. She also had one on her neck so we had to put her in turtlenecks and long sleeves as much as possible. Sometimes we would just leave her in her jammies since they covered her so well and she couldn't get to her legs. She was a good sport about it. We gave her two (oatmeal) baths a day and used lots a calamine lotion (which is very thin and hard to put on a wiggly baby). She luckily didn't get any on her face. I have a lovely scar on my cheek from when I had the chickenpox. She was quarantined for almost two weeks and then was fine. The saddest part was she was scheduled to go see the doctor 3 weeks after her outbreak to get the chickenpox vaccine. Talk about bad timing! So she didn't get the vaccine but will get something (like a booster???) when she is older.

Some days were better than others. :(

Where did that cracker go?


Andrew likes to sit next to Bailey when they eat so he can share with her and she can share with him.

Hey Mom, I found a book! I'm going to read it. Look I'm reading it! Reading is hard, I need to rest.
(Side note: the shirt Bailey is wearing was one of mine when I was little)


He dressed himself. (He gets his fashion advice from Ryan)
The End :)

No comments: