Sunday, March 8, 2015

June 2014 - Utah - BYU part 2

On June 24, 2014 the kids and I went back to Provo and BYU to enjoy some more fun. Let's start off by going to In N Out!







Lavell Edwards Stadium.



Ryan and I graduated in the Provo Tabernacle. It was one of my favorite buildings. I wish I had a photo of my own from graduation, but I found these photos online. 
Provo Utah Tabernacle Mormon

 

On December 17, 2010 a horrible fire destroyed the Tabernacle. 

It was decided that the Tabernacle would be reconstructed and built into a Temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Tabernacle was lifted up on stilts keeping the exterior intact while they built below and inside.


 Check out this video about the Tabernacle on stilts.

 When I visited in June, it was no longer on stilts but looked similar from the outside with a new top.




 Angel Moroni standing tall on top.

While south of campus I decided to see if I could remember where Ryan and I used to live. I couldn't believe I actually found the little house we lived in for a few months. It was a perfect little house for us, although the couch on the porch is a new addition.

 This was the first place I lived when moving to Utah. I had amazing roommates who were dear and darling friends. This corner apartment by the silver car is also where Ryan proposed to me. It is a very special little place to me.


 When we were first married we lived at Liberty Square. Our apartment was the second door from the left. Our wonderful friends lived one door to the right. I had my first holidays away from home in that building.

 We went back to campus and visited the Athletic Building. 
 



 Let's see, I do believe BYU has won 4 of the 6 times. :)










The kids loved this room. They watched videos of football and sports, touched BYU football uniforms and spend time laying on the floor looking at the giant Y on the ceiling. 


 The Student Athletic Building has memorabilia from BYU alumni athletes.



The Cosmobille! Yes! (BYU's mascot is Cosmo the Cougar)

We couldn't leave without going by the BYU Cougareat (the place with the food) and getting some more treats!



Have I mentioned I love seeing BYU or "Y" everywhere!



When we left the Cougareat there was a party getting started in the quad. (For some reason I couldn't put all the videos into one clip so here are a few short ones)



(this video isn't showing up so use the link above)



The End! :)

No comments: