Thursday, March 5, 2015

June 2014 - Utah - BYU

Being so close to Provo I had to take the kids on a trip to visit one of my favorite places. There was so much I wanted to show them and share with them. There is something magical about this place for me.



I love seeing the "Y" all over the place, even on the ground in intersections. 



I probably shouldn't have taken a photo of someone's car but I loved seeing a New York license plate with a BYU Cougars frame and a Y logo in the window. 

 First glimpse of "Y Mountain" Can you see it?

A closer look at the Y. 

 The Law School Ryan went to.

One of the first things we did when arriving to BYU was roll down the hill to the library. First the kids rolled down, then the Moms. 


Let me just say, we were going really fast and the only way we would have stopped is if we crashed into each other, which we did. This hill goes from the ASB building to the library. I hope the guy who was trying to study in the library (just inside the windows) was entertained. We sure were! We were laughing so hard we were crying. (That's not unusual for the two of us)
Sarah and Roise Rolling Down Hill


 A better view of the J. Ruben Clark Law School and a bunch of silly kids. Ryan spent many many hours in that building.

These stairs are in the Wilkinson Student Center. I just love seeing the BYU pride everywhere.

The Quad.


This is the Harris Fine Arts Center, or HFAC as we call it for short. I worked in this building at the School of Music for 3 of the 4 years that I was at BYU. It was usually the first place I went to in the morning and where I made lots of friends and memories.

Here is the walk to the law school I took multiple times a day.

We had to visit the BYU Bookstore and get lots of goodies while we were there. Bailey, however, wasn't as excited.

The kids found cool hats and shirts.

 The Y is hiding in the background.

 We met up with some friends for lunch. The kids all had a great time playing together.




One of my favorite friends I met at BYU. Her husband and Ryan were roommates.


 The boys!



 After lunch we walked around a bit more and went into the area where they serve food on campus. We call it the Cougareat. BYU makes it's own ice cream at The Creamery and serve some on campus. The kids each got some yummy treats before heading home.






I stole Bailey's hat. 

We teach them young. Go Cougars!


The kids were pretty wiped out after spending the day on campus. They were all so good and patient with me wanting to see everything. 

On the way back to Heber we drove past Bridal Veil Falls. (There's another post about that coming)
 We had an absolutely wonderful time at BYU. Go Cougars!!!!!

No comments: