Thursday, February 2, 2012

7 Acre Woods - Oct 7, 2011



October 7, 2011

There is this little farm that I've wanted to go to since we moved here. Our friends were out of town and their mom was staying with their kids and she asked if I wanted to go with her. I thought it would be a great adventure for Andrew and he would have some of his friends to play with. It was a really nice day and we all piled up in our friend's van and headed off. The farm is called 7 Acre Woods. It has a large area where you can go and pick out pumpkins, a performance stage, a huge play structure, sand pits, volleyball pits, a miniature golf course, petting "zoo", zip lining, swings and more things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

We saved the pumpkins for last and headed to the animal area.  There were so many different animals to feed and pet. It was great for Andrew to see these animals up close and interact with them. 

 Lamas.

 The goats could hop the fence and roam around with us.

 Andrew trying to feed the lamas.
 He was on his tippy toes trying to reach all the way up to their mouth :)

The goats were smaller and easier to feed through the fence. 

 Silly goats.

Bailey was such a good little trooper. 

All the animals were accessible through a barn. We headed in there and Andrew quickly got bit by a fire ant and wanted to leave. Then I told him to turn around and look at this goofy guy standing up on the tree stump. He forgot about his ant bite for a minute, but then wanted to leave.

(I'm not sure why, but the editing on this photo makes me laugh)

 I let him go back out, but I really wanted to pet a deer. Although they must be used to people because of where they are, they were still surprisingly jumpy. It took me a good long while to be able to get up to this little guy. (His mama was keeping a close eye on me too)


 So after playing with the goats, deers, lamas, chickens, bunnies (and probably more) we walked around the farm. There was an old western area that had little mini saloons etc for the kids to play in. There was another area that had the little kid cars that they can climb in and drive around in and a little track around some play houses. The kids played there for a while and it was right next to some swings. This gave Bailey a good break from the stroller and a photo opportunity. (You know me, I can't pass one of those up!)

 Bailey's first time in a swing. What is this thing?

She's so little and cute!
  
 
 
These are a few of my favorites. 

 

She enjoyed a gradual sway, but became a little more concerned when I started pushing her. 



We ate lunch on picnic tables in the shade and at some point we took a little hay ride behind a "neat" tractor.  (This is the group ahead of us)

I have a bumpy video of our hay ride. I can't seem to find it right now so I'll keep looking and update later if I find it.

 Time to pick out pumpkins!

 It was well past Bailey's nap time so we decided to head home.

 Now out of everything that they had at this place, can you guess Andrew's favorite spot? Yup, the golf course. They had balls and putters out to play as you wanted, but Andrew just carried around a golf ball the entire time and would go back in between activities (or even in the middle of doing something) and toss or roll his ball in the hole.

 We had so much fun at 7 Acre Woods!

 Back at home, Bailey plays with her pumpkin that Andrew picked out for her.



No comments: