Thursday, May 1, 2014

March 2014 - Bailey's Birthday

On Tuesday, March 4, 2014 we celebrated Bailey's THIRD birthday! How did she get to be so old? Ryan's parents had gone home by then so it was just us, but we made it a great day! This may be my favorite post so far with her "selfie" photos. If I need a good laugh, I just look at these photos. Enjoy!




She dressed herself in her new pink dress she got for her birthday from Uncle Nick and Auntie Alissa. She said, "Take a photo of me in my birthday dress by my pink things."


I surprised Bailey and took her to see Frozen in the movie theater. She loved it and has since been her favorite movie. There was only one other mom and son there so it was nice to not worry if she talked or moved around.


One of my favorite traditions that we started is we mark the height of the kids on their birthday and half birthday. It's fun to compare their heights and it's special because we only do it twice a year. I made this board specifically for this reason.


Bailey got a hold of my camera and had some fun. 
Oh my sweet Bailey Boo. How I love thee, let me count the ways.













After her photo shoot, we had dinner and then opened presents.



Here's a little video of Bailey opening her presents. The last clip shows Andrew playing with a train set. A friend of ours was giving it away and Andrew has his special cars and tracks so we thought Bailey would like trains and train tracks. Andrew was excited to play with them by himself after she went to bed.

Thanks for sharing Bailey's birthday with us. I asked Bailey a few questions and these are her responses:

Favorite color -Pink and Blue
Favorite food - sandwich with mustard
Favorite Song - Let it Go from Frozen
Favorite Car -a pink car
Favorite Book - My First Story of the First Easter ("because I love Jesus")
Like to do - color, play with blocks, building towers, playing with her dolls
Favorite movie - Frozen
What makes you happy - Daddy
Who do you love - Daddy
If we got on an airplane where should we go - California.


She really is a special little girl. Our family would not be the same without her. She is my little one and will correct me if I call her little girl, or little Bailey. She says, "No Mama, I'm your little one!" I love it. We are so grateful for her and her sweet spirit that she brings to our family. She is goofy and always makes us laugh. Sometimes she waddles around, just for fun. I think she knows how happy it makes me. My little duckling. She is quick to apologize or forgive. She knows all the letters and is starting to read. She can write all the letters and can spell and write Bailey, Andrew, Mommy and Daddy and a few others. I'll often find random piece of paper with her name written on it. She loves her brother and always wants to be with him. Sometimes that's great and they play so well and sometimes she does everything she can to bother him. She still cuddles with us and puts her head on my shoulder when I carry her. I know that won't last much longer. She loves shoes, like her mama.  She doesn't like to be messy, like her mama. She is terrified of bugs, like her mama was/is. She wakes up happy, like her daddy. She's a little more emotionally stable, like her daddy. :) She gives hugs and kisses freely to us. She loves to ride her bike and play outside. She loves all things pink and when I pick out a dress for her to wear to church she always asks if it spins. She loves to spin and twirl. She knows almost all the words to all the songs from Frozen. When we turn on music it is guaranteed that she will be dancing and trying to get us to join her. She started playing more more with Andrew and uses her imagination. She pretends to be the baby car (or baby whatever it is they are playing with) and talks in a high squeaky voice. It's adorable. When we put Bailey to bed we sing four songs, ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, I am a Child of God, and Jesus Want's Me for a Sunbeam. Sometimes I slip in the BYU fight song. Out of nowhere she'll declare, "Jesus loves us" and she is right. When she prays she always prays for friends to come over. She loves to play with friends and be social. I can also find her sitting quietly looking at books or playing with toys. She is so special and crazy and lovable and I wouldn't change a thing. She's my baby and always will be.

The End. :)

No comments: