Monday, May 12, 2014

March 2014 - Cruise - Cozumel, Mexico

Our one stop on the cruise was at Cozumel, Mexico. We took a cab over to Plya Mia, a beach that had lots of fun things to do.

They had a fresh water park area for the kids and a couple bigger slides for adults. The kids loved this!





After the kids were used to playing in the water we headed over to the beach. Ryan took Andrew out in the water and Bailey and I played on the beach. I LOVE the beach. Let me say that again. I LOVE THE BEACH and I miss it terribly. Galveston doesn't count as a beach. California has some nice beaches. So I took a lot of photos of Bailey playing at the beach. There is something about playing in the sand and looking out in the clear blue water that brings a peace over me.


Beautiful blue sky, blue water and a cute little girl in a pink swim suit.



























I just can't get enough of this little girl.


Out on the water was this inflatable obstacle course with things to swing on, climb on and over, hang off etc and two trampolines to jump on.

Three of us decided to tackle the obstacle course together. It was awesome!!!!! We all fell, but it was so much fun. There is an iceberg type thing to climb on the left of the photo above. One side has handles that's basically pvc pipe over a loop of rope to use to climb up. You'd use your upper body strength to pull yourself up because the handles were so slippery for your feet. I slipped so many times climbing up that my shins were bruised and bloody when I finally made it to the top, but I made it! I even made it across this banana type thing that was really slippery and difficult.


I should mention something here that's actually quite noteworthy. I'm afraid of open water. Yes, me, the swimmer. I hate being in water where I can't see the bottom. I hate being in water where I can see the bottom because then I can see fish and things down there that freak me out. I'm afraid of fish. Tiny fish. Slimy fish. Yucky fish. But this trip did great things for me! I went out there with my girls and had a blast! Maybe I'm on my way to overcoming this fear.

I took the kiddos out after returning from the obstacle course. (I can't be afraid of the water in front of my kids right?)





These pictures were taken while we were buying our tickets to get into Plya Mia.


The Kearns family after a fun day at the beach!

Right after we took that photo we headed back to the area where you show your ID to get back on the ship. Luckily, right before we got to the front of the line I noticed we lost a backpack! We quickly got out of line and I stayed with the kids while Ryan went back to the location of the previous photo thinking we left it there while we took the photo. While he was gone, some of our friends came up to get in line. We had left the beach before them so we could go find some Mexican vanilla (so yummy!) and as they came up to me I noticed they were carrying our missing backpack! Thank heavens! So then my friend stayed with our kids while I ran around looking for Ryan. It was pretty stressful, but we are so grateful our friends picked up our backpack and nothing was missing.

Heading back to our ship.


Back on the ship. Goodbye Mexico!

We had such a great day in Cozumel and the kids enjoyed playing in the ocean and on the beach. We hope we get to go on more fun beach days like this one.

No comments: