Monday, July 18, 2016

December 2015 - Misc.

December was a good month full of holiday fun. I start decorating as soon as possible, but Ryan makes me wait until after Thanksgiving. We try to do fun activities while the kids are home on Christmas break. I took a lot of photos and they are in no particular order.

Enjoy.



We visited with some friends over break and it was pretty chilly for our Houston weather. Andrew and Bailey were running around on the play ground so Andrew let Megan were his jacket. I turned it inside out so the fuzzy warm side was on the inside. It looked like a parka on her, but she was warm and happy!

Megan hanging out with Andrew.




The famous Sharks Santa hat gets enjoyed each Christmas!

Bailey took this photo of herself.

Sometimes you just need a donut.

Bailey stayed after school to attend Christmas story time and craft. She had fun making bookmarks and writing Christmas letters that would be sent to military men and women.

Cloooooooose up!

Something excaped!

Andrew fell asleep with a bin on his head. (I took it off and I reminded him not to put things over his head like that.) I still thought it was funny.


Andrew's class Christmas party.

A group of us helped decorate our church for the ward Christmas party. It took a lot of time and hard work, but we thought it turned out great. The photos don't do it justice. We had lights shining on the ceiling to look like stars.
  

Our Bishop (and his family) made a leaf for each member of our ward and put it on this tree to represent each of us as a member of the same tree/family. Our ward is amazing and everyone is included and feels loved and special. It really is our family away from family.



She sucks those two middle fingers like I did.


Play time with Daddy!

Oh those chubby cheeks! I can kiss them all day. And I do!

Megan had a lot of fun playing with S.J. Sharky!



Megan and Sharky video


Andrew has always loved building.


Bailey and Andrew decorating their trees.

Both kids decorating. I love how Andrew sticks out his tongue when he's concentrating.

Andrew plays so sweetly with Megan.


Bailey made a gingerbread man at school!


Megan spends a lot of time in my baby wrap and she doesn't complain. (I crocheted the hat and flower she is wearing. :)

This is Andrew's school photo form preschool. It has been my favorite photos of him for the last few years and I was sad to take it down and replace it with the photo from this year. He used to smile so well for the camera and he had the most perfect teeth. (I love the stage he is in now, I just miss the "little Andrew" phase too.)


Making Christmas cookies together!

The dress that Bailey is wearing was my dress when I was little. It's too small for her, but she still likes to wear it. Oh my heart. :)

I caught that drool in action! Megan found this giant red bell and played with it for quite a while.
  

Silly and crazy kids!

Our ward had a traveling pink gnome that would be dropped off at family's houses. His name was Pink Floyd. We were to keep him for a week or so and take photos with him and pass him on. We got him at the end of November and kept him to take photos with Santa and our Angel before passing him on. (Update: I brought Floyd to the ward Christmas party where he unfortunately cracked and died by some unknown gnome hating monster. Sad.)

She's just so happy!
  


My helpers in the kitchen.

Andrew's hair was getting so long, so I parted and it and put gel in it. He didn't like it. He said he was embarrassed.
   

Bailey wanted a photo with each of our Christmas trees.
   




  

The kids look forward to bedtime stories each night. Megan got to join them for the first time!
  

Andrew had his winter piano recital in December. He did a good job considering he left his music at home. He continues to fight with the piano and doesn't want to practice because it's hard for him. We continue to sign him up for lessons and make him practice. I hope someday he will be glad we made him stick with it.

The first couple clips have been some of my favorites of Megan. Bless her heart, she just kept turning on the music and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. These videos have made me laugh until I cry.


The end of December!

No comments: