Sunday, September 2, 2012

April 2012 - CRUISE - Cozumel

Tuesday, May 1, 2012. Happy Birthday Matt! Today Ryan, Rose and I  got of the ship and walked through the stores and got a taxi. We headed off to Mr. Sanchez beach about 10-15 minutes away. It was a beautiful beach and guess what? I GOT IN THE WATER! If you know anything about me, I hate going in open water. I don't like...being around fish. There I said it. However, I found myself trying new things lately (20 seconds of courage...) and I thought going in the dreadful water sounded like something I could try to conquer.

Rose, Ryan and I played in the water for a bit and then Rose and I laid out for a bit. We went in and out of the water a few time and it was so much fun. We collected coral and found some really special shells.


The sand there was mainly ground up shells.





Oh the hat! There is a long story about this hat, but the short of it is I borrowed it from a good friend. Oh, and I look naked, but I promise I had a swim suit on!




Ryan read whenever he wasn't in the water. He's a bookworm.


The beach was absolutely beautiful!




Hat?

Or no hat? That is the question.

We stayed there for a few hours, but Rose and I wanted to do some shopping before we needed to board. Ryan headed back to the ship and Rose and I shopped for at least an hour. We got some gifts for friends and it actually rained on us! We headed back with not much time to spare thinking we'd have to jump on real quick. Nope. Everybody else waited until the last minute to board too and we were in line for at least half an hour. The funny thing was that we had our walkie talkies and were able to radio Cara. She came out on her balcony and could see us in line. Then we radioed Ryan and asked him to get us food because we were starving and didn't want the lunch area to be closed before we got there. Thank goodness for walkie talkies!

Ryan, John and I went to a trivia game and we did really well! Then we got ready for dinner. I ate a lot (shocker!) at dinner and we sang happy birthday to Matt.

Happy Birthday Matt!


Then we went to a magic show that was only ok. It was really hard to see (maybe that was the point) which made it not as interesting. We claimed a specific table a couple days earlier and headed there to play Scattergoies. I went outside by myself for a bit. It's so powerful being outside in the middle of the ocean, letting the wind whip through your hair. It was beautiful.


These photos were taken as we left Cozumel. Look at those colors!








This boat followed us out as we left shore and it got so close to our ship that we couldn't see it anymore. We thought for sure it was crushed or something, then we see it pull away like it wasn't a big deal to get so close to a big hunk of steel that could crush it like a peanut.



No comments: