Friday, May 8, 2015

December 2014 - Misc

December was a busy and fun month. We had our annual Kearns Christmas party and parties at both Bailey's and Andrew's school. Soccer ended this month and Ryan had some business travels. Some random fun from December.


 Our local grocery store did a fun display with Coca Cola boxes.
  


My ultrasound info. (I'm not sure what it says or means)

 Definitely my daughter.

My friends mom was in town and has a great sugar cookie recipe that I wanted to try. All her boys went to the University of Utah, which is BYU's rival. Of course I had to make BYU cookies when I made them at my friends house.  I bleed blue through and through.

Andrew got his first model car for Christmas. He was pretty excited to put together this Mustang. 
  

 Andrew loves his BYU jacket!

It just seems wrong to be a pirate while wearing a little mermaid shirt.


Andrew had his piano recital on December 13. After the kids performed, his teacher handed out pipes for them to play Christmas songs. Andrew and Bailey loved it!


I love these two.


Andrew's class made snowmen! Bailey got to make one too. The kids had so much fun making these guys, then eating them!


 We make breakfast for dinner, called brinner, and this night we decided to make pancakes in fun shapes. Who says you can't play with your food?!

Ryan's company party was amazing as usual. We had fun with friends and ate delicious food. We didn't win anything in the raffle, but every person around us did. I mean that literally. We were the only ones in our group that didn't win anything, but there's always next year. I loved the photos they took this year!

Some fun friends at Ryan's party. We had so much fun!!!

I love these photos!

We had a special visit from Santa at our church. The Polar Express was read to everyone and Santa handed out bells for everyone. "The bells still rings for all those who truly believe"

Ryan went to Hawaii for a business trip. He sent me these photos. While I'm at home sick and miserable he's enjoying the sun on the beach. It's a tough life. :)  (Although I think he was only in Hawaii for less than 48 hours.)


We also had some sadness this month. My loving Grandpa passed away. I wrote the following on my facebook page on December 8:

"So sad and so grateful. I’m grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and for the Plan of Salvation. I know where we came from, why we are here, and where we go after this life and I am incredibly grateful for that knowledge. I am grateful for the Spirit of God that informed me last night that my Grandpa had returned to be with Him and my Grandma before anyone else told me. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who must be so happy to have one of his precious spirit children back and who sends His love to those who are left behind. I am sad because my Grandpa won’t get the letter I started writing or the art my kids made for him this week, but I know he is happy and he has touched the lives of many while with us. I am grateful for the lesson Grandpa taught me about taking the time for the ones you love. I am so grateful for all those who have offered to help me with such short notice. I am humbled and so blessed to have friends who serve with such love."

I found out one night while Ryan was out of town. I "knew" before I knew. I could feel it. I called my parents and told them I was thinking of Grandpa and started crying. I got an email from my sister informing me of G'pa's passing about an hour later. The time she told me he had passed was the time I started thinking of him and when I called my parents. I have a very spiritual experience that night. I tried to get flights out to California, but it was so hard with Ryan out of town and I didn't want to take Andrew out of school. I had friends offer to take him while I was gone. I spent hours looking online for last minute deals. I couldn't sleep. I was really stressed out and was making myself physically sick on top of the pregnancy sickness and lack of energy. I couldn't get out of bed. Then Bailey got really sick and a high fever . I took her to the doctor the next day to find out she had pneumonia. I didn't think I had the physical strength to take her and luggage through the airport (at this time I had to sit down after walking for more than a minute. It was bad. I physically couldn't do much). This was also the first time I told my parents we were pregnant.

I wrote this letter to my family and my mom was going to read it to just the family after the funeral.

"My dear family,  
How I wish I was with you right now. I would love to hear the memories, stories and laughter that was shared in G’pa’s life. Please know that it took many hours of prayer, thought and tears for me to decide to stay home. Ryan is out of town and Andrew had many events he has worked hard preparing for; recitals, award ceremonies, and Christmas celebrations which would require him bouncing around from house to house for the week I would be gone. I have also been incredibly sick, have had no energy and require frequent rests. I don’t think traveling while like this would be best for me… or my baby. (This was not the way I planned to announce this, but I want you to know that I really, really want to be there and it took a lot for me to stay home.)
I wish to share some special and sacred events that have happened to me lately. Please believe each word I say as it is true. On Sunday night I was hit with an overwhelming feeling in my heart that I can’t describe other than the Spirit of God. All I could think about was G’pa. Shortly after feeling this, I called Mom and Dad and explained this feeling I had. We talked about G’pa for an hour and just before we hung up, I received an email from D.D. informing me that G’pa had moved on. The time she told me that it had happened was minutes before I had that strong feeling.
I knelt down in prayer. I prayed for each and every one of you individually. I prayed that you would have faith, feel God’s and G’pa’s love for you, and find peace. As I was praying I had the strong feeling that G’pa was next to our Father in Heaven while I was praying. I have a strong connection with God, as I talk to him often, but he has “talked” back to me on just a few sacred occasions. As I was praying I felt His words in my head and heart say, “I am so pleased with him and happy to have my precious son back with me.” I had the image of G’pa between Heavenly Father and Jesus, and next to them, was Grandma Gay.
I share this sacred and special moment with you that it might help you find peace if you are still searching. I know that G’pa is happy. After I had that image, I talked to G’pa and told him all I would have said in my heart at his funeral. Dad said it would be nice for me to go to the funeral to say my final goodbyes. I told Dad I’d been talking to G’pa all day and I didn’t need to say goodbye. I also felt peace from G’pa after making the hard decision to stay home.
I don’t have as many memories as I would like with G’pa, but wanted to share the lesson he has most recently taught me. We have a family journal/blog. I am incredibly far behind, but keep updating it as I can. When I update the blog, it automatically sends out emails to a few people, G’pa being one of them. Without fail, he would respond within 24 hours. His little remarks always made me smile. It was never a long email, just enough to let me know he cared. I did let him know how much those emails meant to me, but I wish I would have said more. He taught me to take time for the ones I love. Even a quick email can leave a lasting impression. I will try to follow his example and told him that while I spoke with him in my heart.
He welcomed me as a granddaughter and loved me as if I was his own. I will never forget his love.
I would love to hear more stories of G’pa. If the stories aren’t written down somewhere now could be a good time to start. I wish I could be there to learn more about him. Please share stories with me as you feel appropriate.
I love you all.

God bless,
            Sarah 




It was a tough time for all of my family, but I am so grateful for the knowledge that I can see him and our other loved ones again someday.

The end of December and 2014!!!

No comments: