Saturday, May 23, 2015

March 2015 - Nevada - Lake Tahoe!

On March 23, 2015 we bundled up to go to the snow. My parents live about an hour or so away from Lake Tahoe. We were all up for an adventure and wanted to find some snow to play in. It hadn't snowed much so we weren't sure what we would find up there, but the drive was beautiful.

We didn't bring many warm clothes and we don't have a need to have much living in Houston, so we were creative in our outfits this day. Bailey wore one of my thermal shirts which looked like a dress on her. Andrew also had on one of my thermal shirts. They both wore their own shirts over my thermal one and the sleeves were rolled up many times. I'm glad my parents had some of my old clothes there for us to use.

Bailey wore my jacket for a while, but was annoyed with the long sleeves that kept falling down. But she was a trooper!

My cute little road trip buddies.
  

A beautiful drive to then through the mountains.

Snow!

 

We made it to South Lake Tahoe and got out to show the kids what a big lake really looks like.


Grandma and Grandpa and the kiddos.


 

As we started walking back to the car, my dad mentioned his friend Sam was right around the corner.


Turns out he was talking about Samuel Clemens. :)  (aka Mark Twain)

The kids had a good time talking with Sam.

This McDonalds has a walk up window. I have never seen that before!

"Mommy take a picture!"

My kids love maps. Let's see where we are and where we are going.

 


We found another beautiful view of the lake.




There was less snow on the way down the mountain than on the way up. We found a little spot off the beaten path to pull over or and have some in the snow.
 

Hand prints in the snow.

This was my favorite part of our trip. It was the most fun I had. It was great to see my parents relax and play with the kids. They were so fun to let the kids throw snowballs at them and they really seemed to be having fun. I wish we could have more days like this. Carefree, cold but happy and creating memories with loved ones.

The kids love watching this video. The first clip is my dad pulled over without telling us and started throwing snowballs at us. Another clip just missed my mom throwing a snowball at my dad, who was still in the car. She didn't realize the window was down and threw the snow right into the car! I thought it was hilarious. I was so cold that the camera was shaking a lot, but I'm so glad we got some of my favorite new memories on video. Enjoy. 



The end of a very great day!

No comments: