Sunday, May 10, 2015

January 2015 - Misc

January wasn't quite as busy as December, but we still had lots of fun. I had to back down from Assistant Coach at the high school to volunteer level because I was still so sick and couldn't ride on a bumpy school bus to the far away meets. I continued to coach and attend the local meets. Here are a few photos from January

 Bailey found a sweater for one of her bears that says Princess on it and thought it would be funny to wear on her head. I got quite a few chuckles from her wearing this.

 We took another trip to the Houston Kids Museum. I had fun with the dominoes.

I have been volunteering at Andrew's school every week for a few months. I pull kids outside in the hall and we work on reading, writing and spelling. After an hour of working with the kids I join Andrew for lunch. Bailey and I love having this special time with Andrew. I have really appreciated the time to get to know Andrew's teacher, his classmates and see the atmosphere of his classroom. I love Andrew's teacher. I think Ms. Lawrence is the best kindergarten teacher at the school. I can see and hear a lot from the hallway and Andrew always loves going to school. Bailey comes with us and either sits in the hall with me doing her own reading and writing or joins Andrew in the class. Ms. Lawrence gives papers to Bailey to color and she sits quietly next to Andrew in class and does her work. It's not always convenient to go and I usually feel sick, but the end result is worth it.

Andrew gives us kisses goodbye when we leave. The teachers pick well behaved kids who are done with their lunch to be "Trash Can Helpers". Kids love being chosen and Andrew likes to help and feel special.

Andrew gets creative with his blocks. 
  


 On our way home from the Aquarium (I think) we stopped by Freedy's for the first time. I have heard about their frozen custard for a long time, but we've never tried it. It is really really really good! Better than ice cream. It was a fun treat for us after a long day.

I love Andrew. He is so smart because he keeps trying and is always asking to learn new things. This is his homework. He had to come up with equations that equaled the number of the week. I don't think many kindergarteners are turning in homework with division and multiplication on it. 



She fell asleep all curled up like a little bug. 

The kids love drawing with sidewalk chalk. They often make tracks and drive their cars and trains outside.
  


  


The end!

No comments: