Wednesday, May 13, 2015

February 2015 - Misc Part 1

February sent Ryan to London, we found out the gender of our baby, I attended a funeral for a daughter of a friend and had fun at game nights. We registered Bailey for pre k for a private school in the Woodlands that Andrew attended for preschool and pre k. The rest was about normal with school and work and being pregnant.



I bought this dress because I loved the lace and deep blue color, but it was just slightly too short. I noticed the huge hem and had an idea. I put the dress on Wendy (Trendy Wendy is my dress form) with a slip so I could really see what I was dealing with. I unstitched the hem and saw that I had so much more length to work with! (The original length ended where the blue lining ended.)

I bought this beautiful blue trim and hand sewed it to the bottom of the dress. It added the weight the lace needed to help hold it down. It was the perfect length!
I then got matching blue material to sew behind the lace to finish the look. I was pretty darn happy with this alteration and this has become one of my favorite dresses! I'm so glad my mom taught me to be comfortable with a sewing machine, and to be creative with my eye. I can see a dress or outfit and know how to make it work for me. I also enjoy it!

I love this little one.

I got a heart shaped chicken patty on Valentines Day!

The kids and I attended a Mardi Gras party and ate lots of yummy food and had fun with masks and necklaces.
  

  


I love watching my kids sleep. They are both so funny.


Lunch with my Bubba and Bay at school.
 

My mom and I made the doll that Bailey is holding.

On my walk home from the bus stop I saw this cute little family of deer.

LOVE!

100 days of school allowed the kids to dress like they were 100 years old.

Another school dress up day was Go Texan day. Or maybe it was Cowboy day. They seem about the same to me.

The end of part 1.

No comments: