Tuesday, May 12, 2015

February 2015 - Main St. America

Ryan and I love looking at model homes. Any time we find a new neighborhood or area with model homes we take the kids and check them out. The kids love model homes too! They pick out which rooms would be theirs and Ryan and I also pick out what rooms would be what etc. Model homes also give us decoration ideas and we find things we would do in our next home if we ever built our own.

We have driven past this place called Main St. America many times, but I never knew what it was. Turns out it was a group of 12 different model homes on a cute little street that each have it's own unique qualities and designs. We went on a little date one afternoon and checked it out. It was fun to see all the houses and styles and crazy things that some of these houses had.


This house was 4 stories tall with a balcony/ outside area for parties and had some really interesting features. It had my favorite granite counter top. I wish I had taken a photo of it for the future. 
 

 This house was really fun. Above the garage there is a huge game room. I loved that it was removed from the rest of the house and above the garage so noise and music wouldn't be heard all over the house.

This was the Texas house. It had antlers and wood and Texas pride all over it. Wasn't my style, but still interesting to walk through.

The house below was the largest of all the houses. I thought this would be my favorite house so we saved it for last. Although it had some amazing features, it wasn't my favorite.

 I liked the fireplace in this house since it is small enough to put a TV above it without being ridiculously too high.

 The house did have my favorite outside area. The doors that Ryan is standing in front of open all the way like an accordion and open up into this beautiful covered patio with a fireplace and a seating area and built in BBQ. It would be perfect for California weather, but not so much for Houston.
 

 This was my favorite house. It has a beautiful double staircase when you enter and I just loved the kitchen. It also has a secret door to a room! (Shown on the video)
 

 This is the backyard of the big white house. Perfect for Ryan! It has a basketball court and tennis court. It also had an outdoor bathroom...



 ...which I thought would be perfect to shower off after working out. Until Ryan pointed out all the glass right in front of the toilet. I didn't even notice.

 I LOVE this kitchen. I love the light tile and cabinets and back splashes. I loved the big island and the raised bar area to serve food or sit and eat. I would change a few things of course, but I really loved the look of it. I'd like my next kitchen to look like this.


I can't remember exactly which house these two photos belonged to, but I loved the hardware on the women's side of the bathroom. They were silver with rhinestones on them and I loved them! The man's side was plain silver. I like the little bit of bling. The other photo shows Ryan standing in the shower in a huge bathroom. It also has this small circle tub right in the middle of the bathroom. (The photos are not from the same house)

 Here's a little video with some of my favorite things in it.

The End.

No comments: