Tuesday, May 26, 2015

March 2015 - Nevada - Coming Home

On March 24, we packed up and headed to the airport. It was so nice to spend so much time with my parents.

We again had to take 2 flights home. Our first flight flew us to LA and from there we flew to Houston. The first flight was pretty short. The planes were smaller and had two seats on each side of the isle. Andrew volunteered to sit by himself across from us. The first flight he sat next to a nice lady and the second flight he sat next to a really nice man from Africa. He and Andrew talked and colored for a good portion of the trip. I am so grateful he had nice people sitting next to him!
 


We saw some cool things from the sky like this lake in the mountains of Southern California and the Hollywood sign!!!
 

As we got closer to home I started looking for things I could recognize form the air. Here is Lake Conroe. This is about 30 minutes north of us.

I found our neighborhood!
There's our house!!!! Last one on the end!


I was so tired when we got home and grateful for a boring trip. Ryan met us at the airport with this huge Welcome Home sign, red roses and tears in his eyes. I think he missed us :) I wish I had gotten a photo of him. It was so wonderful.


Ryan said, "With the wife and kids gone for 2 weeks, I got my grocery shopping done."


Before we left for Nevada, Ryan and I had been looking around for new cars to replace his 2004 Civic. It has served us well, but Ryan was ready for a "Big boy car". Ryan never complained but I know that car was pretty small for him. He also never buys himself anything nice. He spoils me and the kids and he works so hard to be able to provide for us. We had been looking at the Camrys and Accords before we left. He found the model Camry he wanted and was ready to wait for it. We heard that cars are cheaper at the end of the year or during certain holidays. I thought we would have months before getting a new car.

This car took us many places. We got it in California and drove it to Utah and back many times. We went from Utah, to Houston, to California and back to Utah and then finally drove it home to Houston. Ryan said, "11 years. 96,411 miles. A wedding. Law school. Countless road trips from Utah to California and back. Texas. Bringing my newborn son home from the Hospital. A little princess. And now it is time, my faithful little car, for you to go on. May someone else have a lifetime of memories with you."

When I came home I found this beautiful Lexus ES 350 sitting in our garage. He had talked to me about it briefly, but Ryan bought it so quickly I didn't get to think too much about it. Ryan always talks himself out of buying nice things. I was certain he'd talk himself out of this. I'm glad he spoiled himself a bit. He works so hard and asks for so little. I personally thought a Lexus was for old people, but man I love this car now! It drives so smooth and has a lot of nice features and Ryan seems to really enjoy it!


It was nice to be home with Ryan and back in our own bed. The kids had school early the next day and it was back to reality real quick.

The End of our Nevada trip!

No comments: