Friday, May 15, 2015

March 2015 - Bailey's Birthday

Happy Birthday Bailey! On March 4, we celebrated Bailey's fourth birthday! I can't believe she's 4 already! She is such a joy in our house. She makes us all happy with her singing and dancing. She's so generous and kind and loving. She's sweet and loves cuddles and hugs and kisses. She always tries to make us happy and feel better if we are sad. She shares with Andrew and loves him so much. Her favorite colors are pink, purple, blue and green. She still loves anything Frozen. Her favorite food is fruit snacks, and favorite drink is orange and apple juice. Her favorite thing to do is "play around". She loves having friends over and is very social. When she grows up she wants to be Elsa and Anna (from Frozen). Her favorite animals are doggies, tigers and unicorns.

The night before a birthday Ryan and I decorate the house. We blow up a ton of balloons and put them in the living room and in the birthday kids bedroom. We hang banners, streamers, signs etc. I really want the kids to have good memories about their birthdays.

Bailey was already awake when I woke up on her birthday.

She loved all the balloons and decorations.

We played during the day, doing whatever she wanted, and then met Ryan for dinner at Grimaldi's Pizza. They have big pizzas and are really yummy and you get a free pizza on your birthday! Sweet!



After dinner we came back home and Bailey opened her presents. She had a lot to open and is so just so cute.

  


  

    
  

  


I got some special photos with the birthday girl.
  


  

After gifts it was time for cake! I spent hours (at least 3) making this Elsa cake. It is far from perfect but Bailey was so excited! I had to make three separate cakes, all in different size pans. Then I had to cut them to make the top flat so I could stack them. After all that, it wasn't enough cake. I really needed another inch or two. I had to fill in the extra space with the home made whip cream frosting. Yes, it tasted as delicious as it sounds. I colored it to match Elsa's blue dress and then added sprinkles and editable pearls etc.

The cake barely fit in our fridge. I had to tilt the doll's head all the way to the side to fit it in. :)




  

  
I made the filling with cool whip and berry jam. It was DELICIOUS! It was creamy and flavorful and perfect for a layer of the cake. I had to fill in the doll around her legs with that same filling...darn more for me to eat! It really was the most tasty cake I've ever made. I should do it again (without the doll).   


  

The Birthday Girl!!!

The kids get marked on their birthday and half birthday ONLY! That's a rule in our house. Bailey is catching up to Andrew. She was only half an inch shorter than he was when he turned 4. I'm excited to see the next years on here since we started this board when Andrew was 4 and now Bailey will be overlapping with his marks.

I can't imagine my life without this sweet girl. I am so grateful for her and her beautiful personality and spirit. I love you Bailey! Happy birthday!

The End.

No comments: